Thursday, April 8, 2010

Toyota Hybrid Recall? No. Chevrolet Volt Display

Toyota Hybrid Recall? No. Chevrolet Volt Display

Posted on March 29th, 2010 by admin

Nope. This is not another type of Toyota Hybrid Recall or a car-like bail out. At least not yet.

Ok. I get it. The picture above is the chassis for the Chevrolet Volt. I remember taking this image coming down the elevator from Pentagon City in Washington DC/Virginia a week ago. At first glance it appeared as a go cart until further inspection.

Supposedly this car can run up to 40 miles emissions free. Thus by the time I leave off to work from Hyattsville, Maryland to Baltimore, MD, I am short of several dozen miles to head back home. Okaaay…. So what are my options at this point? Option A: find an electric station, Option B: plug my vehicle at work, or Option C: wonder the streets of Baltimore to find an outlet. At this point, I have to ask myself if this is worth the trouble and hassle. I barely have the discipline to fully charge up my Iphone! Hmmm… Sounds like I better walk away. Maybe next time GM.

By the time, I leave the floor; I am approached by a Volt agent. They explain, “the car is 40-miles gas and emissions free. Thanks to its range-extending gas generator, it produces enough energy to power the Volt for hundreds of miles. It’s more than a new car, it’s the future of transportation.” That means, I can add gas and save on a lot more!

Let’s go back to the features. The body of the Volt is slightly bigger than the Prius with a modern look and feel interior. When this vechicle gets off the assembly line, it may very well set a whole new standard for all cars. I can’t wait to see the body of a Mustang on top of this chassis.

Have a great one folks!

-Nick

Bookmark and Share

Tags: ,

This entry was posted on Monday, March 29th, 2010 at 9:14 pm and is filed under Green Tech News, Green Technology. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Posted via web from The EthioRussian's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment